Join us for Ching Ming 2019
Show your respect for your ancestors at Valley of the Temples Memorial Park on Sunday April 7, 2019.
- Place the names of your loved ones on our prayer board.
- Get a free gift if you’re one of the first 200 visitors.
- Enter to win a $250 Foodland gift card.*
Take advantage of Ching Ming Pre-Need Specials including:
- 30% Off Cemetery Property**
- 20% Off Merchandise and Services with the purchase of a complete cemetery package**
- 24-Month Interest Rebate**
Call 808-206-8911 for more information.
Register to attend Ching Ming 2019 and be automatically entered to win a $250 Foodland gift card.*
*No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase your chances to win. Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions
**Offers end April 30, 2019. Some conditions apply. Ask for complete details.
Ching Ming History and Traditions
Ching Ming dates back over 2,500 years and is linked to the Chinese tradition of ancestor worship. This event is held on the 106th day after winter solstice and usually occurs on April 4 or April 5, with today’s world of working families typically celebrating the weekend before. The practice of ancestor worship is based on three beliefs:
- A person’s good or bad fortune is influenced by the souls of his or her ancestors
- All departed ancestors have the same material needs they had when alive
- The departed can assist their living relatives